Fashion Diversity is about researching, exploring and understanding differences and embracing and celebrating the rich global, historical and economic dimensions of them.
The concept of the fashion diversity mash theme means understanding that each individual inspiration that was researched to develop patterns, embellishments and fashion garment styling is distinctive. Those diverse differences are celebrated in the aesthetics of a newly created fashion. Fashion Diversity Mash is about opposites and/or multiple elements attracting, combining to form something new and unique.
Diverse fashion mash inspirations can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or any other multi cultural ideologies. The designers Intentionally collide and combine multi cultural potpourri [Africa, the Middle East, Europe, Asia, North and South America, all points urban and country], trends, techniques, materials, styling.
Incongruous lacking in harmony or compatibility or appropriateness.
A combination of odd things.
Techniques, materials, cultures linked together.
Symbols, and rituals are the tangible or visual aspects of the practices of a culture.
Traditional cultural/tribal arts are celebrated.
REPURPOSE, REINTERPRET, REGENERATE
- Past historical cultures and eras, past travel memories reinterpreted. Emphasis is on the basics, exploration of everyday materials, recycle, reinventing, turning a mash up of cultural manufactured and natures trash into treasures, natural fibers, traditional patchwork, weaves, garment styling technically fused into something new.
- Rejection of excess global mass market consumption. Reaction against consumerism and the power politics of couture fashion.
- Non-traditional solutions for traditional styles and patterns integrated in many ways.
[whims, daydream, imagination, experimentation]
- Childhood and/or historical reinterpreted for the world of today.
- Cartoon, avatars, super hero’s, Gods and Goddesses, Kings & Queens, techno ,manga, pop culture past, present and futuristic representations of fashion [garment styling, fabrics, patterns and embellishments] mashed together to create something aesthetically new.
- New mental and physical experiences immerse the viewer in emotional technology.
- As the barriers between the real and virtual worlds come down, a psychedelic aesthetic emerges.
- Research diverse eras of the classical past of art, architecture, sculpture and fashion to find inspirations to fuse into a historical/contemporary classical fashion mash to represent this direction.
- Minimalist, less is more.
- Classic clean style lines modernized, with tailoring and/or color blocking and/or deconstruction.
Download Runway 4.0: Fashion Diversity Mash Theme PDF file HERE.