Submission Guidelines and Deadlines
2015 Runway: Innovation
Due to the extensive manner of the application, we advise all students to carefully read and complete it. Only “hard copy” submissions will be accepted on the day of jury.
We are inviting designers to submit works of fashion to be on the runway in the Buffalo State Runway show, April 25th, 2015.
Senior Designer Deadline: Garments must be submitted by 3pm on Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
Jury: Presentation of garments and applications must be submitted to jury by Thursday, April 2nd from 2:00 – 6:00pm.
Time: 2:00 -4:00pm
- Minimum of 4/ Maximum of 6 garments
Student Designer Collection
Time: 4:00 -5:00pm
- Minimum of 3/ Maximum of 4 garments
Single Item Designers
Time: 5:00 – 6:00pm
- Maximum of 4 unrelated garments
Location: Technology Building 3rd floor lobby
Submission information is below. Please follow instructions completely. No garments will be allowed on the runway if they have not gone through this complete process.
You MUST be present during the application process
- Fill out an application.
- Label each outfit with your name, type of garment, and the fabric used.
- On a 4X6 index card, write a short description of the garment. The description should not be longer than 30 second if read out loud. Turn in the application to Erin Habes or one of the department’s Administrative Assistants.
- All garments must be in an enclosed, zippered garment bag, preferably clear plastic. Make sure your name is legible from the outside of the bag (These bags come in suit length or gown length and can be purchased at local dollar stores. Purchase early as they run out the closer we get to show time!)
- Garments must be 100% completed and assembled by the student who is submitting the item.
- Have the model for whom the garment was made for wear it during the jury process; fit is important!
Click HERE to download the application!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.